5.16.2011

It's All About Perspective

I started to re-read a devotional book that I had read in the past.  It's called "Calm My Anxious Heart" by Linda Dillow.  Fitting?  Yeah, I think so. 

One thing that I've really been trying to do each day here at the hospital is to keep everything in perspective.  When I start to feel sorry for myself and realize all of the things that I'm missing at home or will miss this summer, I try to remember why it is that I'm here.  I need to be here for the health and well-being of my unborn child.  Me, being on bed rest, will give my baby the best odds of survival and the longer I'm here the better off the baby will be.

In reading the other day, I came across a quote in the book that really hit home for me:

"Two women looked through prison bars
One saw mud, the other stars"

It's all about perspective.  Yes sometimes I do feel as if I'm in prison.  I haven't been outside to feel the breeze for a week now and just learned that I may gain wheelchair privileges.  And up until late last week, I had to call someone every time I went to the bathroom.  However, I have every medical necessity at my fingertips if I were to need immediate care.  My insurance will cover almost all of the costs.  We have amazing friends and family that are supporting us with prayer, love and are helping us meet our needs.  And for that we couldn't be more thankful.  And, last but not least, baby is still cooking. 

I hope to be the woman who gazes at the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment