5.19.2010

Happy 1st Birthday Cole!!!

One year ago today, my sweet baby boy entered the world.  What a year it has been!  It's been fun to reminisce with Ben about the labor and delivery (4 hours start to finish!) and to think back to how tiny our boy was (he was even wearing preemie clothes the first week!). 



We both decided to take the day off today and spend it celebrating Cole.  We continued our tradition of having breakfast at McDonald's on Cole's birthday.  As many of you know, when I was in the throes of labor, Ben decided to go through the drive thru at McD's!!  It's a fun memory to look back on and laugh. 

After Cole's morning nap we took him to Como Zoo in St. Paul.  Even though we know he won't remember it, it was a fun experience to have with him.  He was just as interested in all the people as he was in the animals.  Before we left Cole and I rode a horse on the carousel and had a blast.  We also managed to fit in a little pool time before dinner.  Quite a busy, but fun day with our big one year old! 










We are having a party on Saturday and are so thankful that the weather is going to cooperate! 

Happy Birthday baby boy!  I love you more than words could ever say and I now know that my purpose in life is to be your mommy.  In the famous words of Jerry McGuire, "You complete me!" :)

1 comment:

  1. I just can't believe it's already been a year since he's been born! I bet you can't either :) I remember looking forward to all your monthly belly photos on facebook.
    I'm glad Cole had a great birthday and I hope the party goes well on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete