4.28.2010

Quarantined

OK, so maybe "quarantine" is a strong word.  So what would you call this?  The Department of Health called me this afternoon needing to do an interview regarding Cole's E-Coli.  Before we did the interview, she mentioned that he shouldn't be in daycare.  Well, he's been in daycare the whole time!  So she transferred me to someone who told me I had to pick Cole up immediately and that he was not to go back until he tested two negatives....which, she said, could take up to a month!  WHAT?!

He doesn't have any more symptoms and seems to be doing fine.  But apparently, even if he is showing no signs, he still may be "shedding" the organism....and that shedding can sometimes take up to a month.  So they are going to be dropping off some testing kits (I'm assuming it will be what I did at the doctor's office) and we will have to test him until two in a row come back negative.

Well, this just threw a kink into our lives!  Let's all say a prayer that we get two negatives right away!  I'll update later.

No comments:

Post a Comment